Monday, March 28, 2011

Yellow Rose Card - Creative Sketches Challenge

After I saw Sharon Fields Rose Tutorial here I just had to try making it.  I don't think mine turned out as nice as hers, but I like it just the same.
To create this card, I used the Sketch Challenge from Creative Sketches on this blog 
Below is the sketch:

Here is my card:

Stamp: Tiny Tags
Inks: So Saffron, Old Olive
Papers: Early Espresso base, followed by a Very Vanilla layer, then Garden Gala Designer Paper.  The rose is mounted on a Whisper White Scallop within which is an Early Espresso circle.
Rose: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Accessories: Scallop Circles Die #2, Circles die #2, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Antique Brads, 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Tiny Tags Punch, dimensionals, Blossom Petal Punch.






Close up of rose










Thanks to Sharon for a wonderful tutorial.

No comments: