Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wild Rose Anniversary - Stamping 411

I've been wanting to make this flower for a while, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I just love the wild roses that grow along old wooden fences in the fields around this city - well, let's face it - I love any kind of flower!!
The design of the card is based on the Stamping 411 sketch challenge here.

Stamp: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Real Red, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Rose Red
Papers: Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Spring Vintage Designer Paper, Old Olive, So Saffron
Accessories: Blossoms Petal Punch, Boho Blossom Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Perfectly Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Pearls, Dazzling diamonds, Filigree Brad, 5/8" Whisper White Organza ribbon (I tinted the ends with a Rose Red Marker), Stampin Dimensionals, 3/4" round punch.

Flower:  I made the flower by punching out 7 mediums size petals and 7 smaller petals in Rose Red, 1 medium and the small flower of the Boho Flower Punch in So Saffron. After spritzing them with water, I crumpled them  and then straightened them up a little bit.  I did the same with the Boho Blossom petals, but I snipped in between the scallops before I spritzed and crumpled them. The leaves were from the 5 petal punch.  I again spritzed and crumpled them, and when dry I cut 3 petals, folded them in half and cut along the edges in a irregular pattern.
After the rose petals were dry, I sponged them with Real Red ink - and mounted them on a 3/4" round circle to which tombo glue had been applied - the large petals on the outside overlapping slightly, and the smaller ones on the inside. The Boho blossoms were sponged with Early Espresso and cumpled almost into a ball. The leaves were glued to a strip of Old Olive cardstock in a grouping of 3. The other end was glued to the rose.
When the glue was dry, I pinched each of the rose petals and the leaves, and scrunched up the center before applying some tombo adhesive and dazzling diamonds.  A pearl was put in the center of the rose.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...