Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wild Rose Anniversary - Stamping 411

I've been wanting to make this flower for a while, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I just love the wild roses that grow along old wooden fences in the fields around this city - well, let's face it - I love any kind of flower!!
The design of the card is based on the Stamping 411 sketch challenge here.

Stamp: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Real Red, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Rose Red
Papers: Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Spring Vintage Designer Paper, Old Olive, So Saffron
Accessories: Blossoms Petal Punch, Boho Blossom Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Perfectly Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Pearls, Dazzling diamonds, Filigree Brad, 5/8" Whisper White Organza ribbon (I tinted the ends with a Rose Red Marker), Stampin Dimensionals, 3/4" round punch.

Flower:  I made the flower by punching out 7 mediums size petals and 7 smaller petals in Rose Red, 1 medium and the small flower of the Boho Flower Punch in So Saffron. After spritzing them with water, I crumpled them  and then straightened them up a little bit.  I did the same with the Boho Blossom petals, but I snipped in between the scallops before I spritzed and crumpled them. The leaves were from the 5 petal punch.  I again spritzed and crumpled them, and when dry I cut 3 petals, folded them in half and cut along the edges in a irregular pattern.
After the rose petals were dry, I sponged them with Real Red ink - and mounted them on a 3/4" round circle to which tombo glue had been applied - the large petals on the outside overlapping slightly, and the smaller ones on the inside. The Boho blossoms were sponged with Early Espresso and cumpled almost into a ball. The leaves were glued to a strip of Old Olive cardstock in a grouping of 3. The other end was glued to the rose.
When the glue was dry, I pinched each of the rose petals and the leaves, and scrunched up the center before applying some tombo adhesive and dazzling diamonds.  A pearl was put in the center of the rose.

8 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Just beautiful Maria. Thanks for playing along with us.

Selene Kempton said...

Wonderful rich colors, and I love that dimensional flower! Gorgeous as always Maria!

soggystamper said...

Gorgeous, Maria! You are the punch flowers guru for sure!
Sue aka The Soggy Stamper
www.soggystamper.com

Kerin said...

Maria your flower is SO gorgeous!! Fabulous job as always :)

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful card! I love how the crumpling gives the flower so much dimension.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card and I love that flower!!

Naomi said...

I LOVE your flower! I am going to have to attempt that one myself...thanks so much for the instructions!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the vintage rose flower! Wonderful!