Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tea Light Candle Greeting Card

I just signed up a new recruit and wanted to make a special card to give to her.  This tea light  candle card I cased from this video here although I changed the  materials to Stampin Up.  This is my practice one, so made it a birthday card. It didn't turn out too badly, but I can do better.

Stamp: Bring on the Cake
Sentiment on tag was computer generated
Inks: Pacific Point, Basic Black, Markers (Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point), Pacific Point reinker.
I soaked the paper daisy flowers in a solution of water and Pacific Point reinker and let them soak.  I left the largest daisy in longest so it would be a darker shade of blue.  After they were dry, I inked the edges with Pacific Point ink, and put them together with a brad (vintage)
Papers: Blueberry Crisp Designer Paper, Very Vanilla card stock, Pacific Point card stock, Old Olive
 Accessories: Window sheet, Paper Daisies, Blossoms Petal Punch, Two Tags Die, strip of pearls, Decorative Label Punch, Oval Punch, 3/8" whisper white taffeta ribbon, dazzling diamonds, Eyelets (assortment), tea light candles

For directions on how to make this card check the video link.
The tag inside the card was decorated with Blueberry Crisp designer paper and a strip of pearls.
The sentiment was computer generated as I felt it fit in with the candle idea.
The edges were sponged with Pacific Point ink, a the taffeta ribbon inserted in the hole in the top.
A message can be written on the back of the tag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tea Light candle greeting card looking fabulous i like it,,,
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Business Cards