Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Pair of Parakeets - Stamping 411 Color Inspiration 150

The color challenge was to use the following colours:  Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, and Crumb Cake on the same card.
Well, I thought about it all weekend and I didn't get any inspiration until 10 p.m when of course I'm supposed to be off to bed.  But once an idea strikes me I have to put it to paper.  Besides the Grammy awards are on TV ....
Here's my card:
Stamp: So Happy for You
Inks:  The parakeet is coloured with Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery inks.  The eye is chocolate chip, the beak crumb cake with chocolate chip sponging.
The branch is chocolate chip ink with Wild Wasabi used on the leaves.
The photo corner edges are sponged with Wild Wasabi ink - the crumb cake panel sponged with Chocolate chip ink.
Papers: Chocolate chip base card with a layer of crumb cake.  The photo corner edges are Certainly Celery.  Between the 2 embossing layers is a strip of Chocolate chip card stock
The colours of the birds were sponged onto whisper white card stock
Accessories: Two Step Bird Punch, Photo Corner Punch, Framed Tulip embossing folder, White gel pen (around the eyes), Stampin dimensionals

3 comments:

Debbie Martin said...

Very Cute! Love the birds.

NanaConnie said...

Love the parakeets in their bright green suits! WHAT A DELIGHTFUL CARD. Love your blog so much, I'm signing up as a Follower. TFS.

Gwen said...

Maria, your little birds are beautiful! I love them. You are an inspiration to us all.