Friday, February 18, 2011

Bird of Paradise Flower - Two Step Bird Punch & Mojomonday sketch

Just before Valentine's Day I entered into a discussion about favourite flowers.  Of course I expected roses, carnations, lilies, etc, but one young man said "Bird of Paradise".  Well, that gave me an idea - and I had to think about it for a while before I tried it.  I could make that flower using the Two Step Bird Punch.  But first I had to have a photo of the flower......

I tried to download one, but I guess they're all copyright.  So here's a link for you to check out.  There are a lot of pictures of this flower at this site

Here's my card.  I used the sketch challenge from Mojo Monday here

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, Garden Gala Designer Paper, Pear Pizzazz
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Concord Crush, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Scallop Circle #2 die, Circles #2 die, 2 3/8" circle punch, Two Step Bird Punch, Glimmer Brads, 1/2" concord Crush Stitched-Poly Ribbon,Scallop trim corner punch, Framed Tulips embossing folder, stamping dimensionals, white gel pen
I could put together a tutorial if there is enough interest.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...