Monday, January 24, 2011

Peony - because I care

Okay, this flower is 3D and the card will have to be hand delivered, but this flower has been in my thoughts all day - and I must admit I struggled putting it together.  I must have left it to go to do other tasks numerous times, at one point almost throwing it in the garbage.  Finally, an hour ago, I finished it.
What inspired this flower - a peony - was a card I got for my birthday.  It had pink peonies all over the front - and peonies are one of the largest flowers I have in my garden.  They always bloom just before school is out in June, and I always bring some in the house to put on my sitting room table. Enough with the summer memories!! Here's the card:
The pink pirouette base card is 5 by 11 scored at 5 1/2"
Stamps:  Build a Blossom, Because I care
Inks: Rose Red, Old Olive
Papers: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Ice Cream Parlor Designer Paper (SAB)
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Oval Punch, Blossoms Petal Punch, Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon(SAB)
This may be the last flower I make - but there are no guarantees.  This one nearly did me in.

This is a close up of the flower. My intent was to make a peony bud that was just opening up.  Did I succeed?
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...