Monday, September 27, 2010

Leaves behind screen

I was doing a workshop yesterday, and as I was waiting for the guests to arrive, I was standing by the screen door watching the autumn leaves fall from the tree in the back yard.  That would make a beautiful card I thought.  So, when I got home, tired as I was, I immediately started to make the card.
I started with a basic card of crumb cake and generously sponged the edges with Early Espresso.
The middle panel is Early Espresso and Autumn Spice designer paper, with a 1/4" Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon wrapped around it.
The oak leaf and the acorn were embossed with gold embossing powder and then watercoloured using the drop ink technique and reinkers (Wild Wasabi, Only Orange, Real Red, More Mustard and Chocolate Chip).  After they were dry, they were cut out and mounted on Very Vanilla card stock pieces that had been sponged with Early Espresso.
I had a piece of open netting for quite a while and frankly didn't know what to do with it - until now. Although green in color, I sponged it with Early Espresso to give it a more antique look and fastened it down with Tombo glue.  A brad was placed in the corner of each piece.The images were mounted onto the panel with dimensionals.  Stamp sets used:  Autumn Splendor and Teeny Tiny Wishes.

No comments: