Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'll be home for Christmas

I never like to waste anything, so when I came across some retired Christmas designer paper, I decided to use it to make this card.  I also used an old map to punch out routes the person coming home for Christmas would take before finally arriving --home.
Some different techniques were used to make this card - watercolouring with SU markers, & Faux leather for the road.  Also, I stamped, embossed and coloured the images of the truck twice.  The second truck sans window and wheels was then superimposed on top of the first truck using dimensionals.  The snowmobile was embossed, coloured, then cut out and placed on the carrier (also embossed, painted and cut out) using dimensionals.
Stamps: Loads of Love (pg. 73), Loads of Fun (Pg. 72).  The sentiment was hand printed and embossed.
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, retired Christmas designer paper, an old road map
Inks: Versamark, SU Markers (Pacific Point, Real Red, Garden Green,Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip,Tempting Turquoise). chocolate chip
Accessories: Stampin dimnsionals, 1 5/8" round circle punch, 1 1/2" round punch, 1 1/4 " circle punch, masking tape (for faux leather), black embossing powder

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww... I just the images on this holiday card! I'm so excited to have found your blog! I'm looking around and I just love what I see here. We've be honored if you would consider joining us for some of our challenges over at Papercraft Star... we're having a drawing right now, until 12 noon Friday too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/250-followers-and-2500-gift-certificate.html