Sunday, August 29, 2010

House of Haunts

This card is for a card sketch challenge from Paper Pal Arts
http://www.palspaperarts.com/.
For some reason I felt like making a Halloween card, even though I didn't have any Halloween designer paper, so I was "winging" the sketch using only card stock.
 A Stamp from the stamp set "House of Haunts" was stamped using black Stazon ink onto a background that was brayered using Rich Razzelberry, Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoice.inks . The entire image was then matted with black card stock. A piece of Tangerine Tango card stock was embossed with the Spider Web embossing folder and attached to the Basic Black card.  I then placed a strip of Elegant Eggplant that I had embossed with the Polka Dot embossing folder close to the bottom of the card. After attaching the image to the card, I then stamped Happy Halloween from the same stamp set, sponged the edges and attached it near the bottom of the image.
Although I didn't have any designer paper, I made do with using embossing folders to provide interest and texture.  Let me know what you think.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...