Sunday, August 29, 2010

House of Haunts

This card is for a card sketch challenge from Paper Pal Arts
http://www.palspaperarts.com/.
For some reason I felt like making a Halloween card, even though I didn't have any Halloween designer paper, so I was "winging" the sketch using only card stock.
 A Stamp from the stamp set "House of Haunts" was stamped using black Stazon ink onto a background that was brayered using Rich Razzelberry, Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoice.inks . The entire image was then matted with black card stock. A piece of Tangerine Tango card stock was embossed with the Spider Web embossing folder and attached to the Basic Black card.  I then placed a strip of Elegant Eggplant that I had embossed with the Polka Dot embossing folder close to the bottom of the card. After attaching the image to the card, I then stamped Happy Halloween from the same stamp set, sponged the edges and attached it near the bottom of the image.
Although I didn't have any designer paper, I made do with using embossing folders to provide interest and texture.  Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I like your card. I'm debating if I should get this stamp set or not. Thank for sharing your work.

Maria said...

Beautiful cards! Love the embossing and images...lovely colors!

Ann Schach said...

Perfect Halloween colors! Love the embossing, too! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

You set a perfect Halloween scene! Glad you joined us at PPA!

Stampin' Diva said...

This is by far my favorite Halloween color combo!! Love what you did with the sketch. That new spider web folder is such a perfect touch. Appreciate you joining us at PPA!!