Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Punchie card - spring violets

I saw this card on another blog (can't remember source at the moment), and since I love making flowers/embellishments with punches, this card was calling for me to make it.
Violets are make using the butterfly punch.  Punch 2 butterflies per flower on watercolour paper.  Colour the middle of the butterfy with summer sun marker and use the aqua pen to blend. Do the edges with Lovely Lilac marker last and again blend.  I did a couple of layers of the lilac, leaving the edges darkest.
I curled the edges up slightly, then I layered the 2 images , adhered them with a black brad in the middle and used a large glue dot to adhere it to the dot embossed sunshine yellow paper.
The leaves were made using glorious green paper that was folded and put through the crimper.  Each leaf was then hand cut along the fold line.

1 comment:

Scrappywonder said...

awesome!! thanks for sharing!!! R ;)