Tuesday, March 30, 2010

C is for Cat - another sympathy card

I have 2 cats and I love them dearly.  I don't know what I would do if I lost one of them. Mischief (my black cat - and well named) insists on sitting on my lap every time I am at the computer - annoying me at times, yet liking it as well.  Recently one of my friends lost a "family member" of 24 years (I didn't know cats could live that long!) and she was devastated!  A card like this would have soothed her, and would have ended up in her scrapbook as she is in the process of making this memento of her pet.
Stamp:"C is for Cat"
Paper: Dusty Durango, Kraft
Ink: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede
Other: Dusty Durango ribbon, twine which was made into a ball and attached to the card by a large glue dot.

The paw print and the fish stamp were used to make the background effect on Kraft paper. 
The two buttons were made by stamping a paw print, punching out six 1/2" circles where were glued together with Crystal Effects.

1 comment:

Tammy Q Howell said...

What a great card for a sad time. We had a cat live to 19 years and was run over so no telling how long she would have lived. Love those buttons!