Sunday, March 7, 2010

A bouquet of daffodils - a 411 sketch challenge

I went for a long walk today and the promises of spring were everywhere.  The daffodils weren't poking their head through the snow yet, so I thought I'd do it for them. 
I used the  masking technique to make a bouquet, and put them in a vase which was made using the ornament punch. The vase was embossed and filled it with stampin dimensionals to make it look 3D. The use of Crystal Effects made the daffodils "pop" a bit, as did the small flower from the boho flower punch.   Poking 2 holes in it make it look like a button.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty and a great peek at spring for us! Thanks for playing this week!

Selene Kempton said...

So pretty Maria! Crystal effects is one of my most favorite things to play with!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I am so sorry I didn't buy this set. You may make me do it yet!!! Great card!

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Love that set, it seems I missed it somehow! well! love your little Vase! Hugs always!

Vicky Hayes said...

How gorgeous is this? I NEED some crystal effects!

Patti Chesky said...

Love how you made the vase for the daffodils. Great idea!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Great idea to use the ornament punch for a vase for the daffodils! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 sketch this week!