Monday, February 22, 2010

A Time for Blessings - emboss resist using Herbal Expressions














Easter is fast approaching, although listening to the weather report one would never know that was the fact.  A snow storm is headed our way - and my head is stuffed up with a cold.
So, considering I can't go anywhere, I thought I'd take the emboss resist challenge thrown down by hand stamped sentiments.
I chose this stamp set because of the sentiment of thankfulness, remembrance, and blessing.                   Technique:  After versamarking and white embossing the image of basil on shiny cardstock, I applied 3 different coloured of reinkers - real red, not quite navy, and garden green, with a dab of gold.. After this was dry, I reheated the embossed areas to "pop" the images out more.
Materials used:  not quite navy, rose red, old olive card stock, basic black ink, water colour pencils, dazzling diamonds, and 2 hand made buttons sewn with a tiny strip of real red cardstock, melon mambo ribbon, stampin dimensionals.

1 comment:

"Die Guthe" said...

Hi Maria,
those roses are so beautiful, verry nice.
Hugs Gabi