Friday, February 19, 2010

Bring the garden indoors - (flowers on tiles)

I took the pictures of these flowers in my garden last summer, and podged them onto tumbled stone tiles, put cork feet on the bottom and whalla (? a word) I had a set of coasters.  I gave many to family and friends as gifts - even designed a box to fit them in.
When mounting the pictures, it is important to make sure the tiles are dust free and that no part of the picture protrudes over the tile edge.  Round the corners.
After the podge was dry I used some the Stampin' Up Rub On's to put some sayings across the tile.  It gives a nice touch.  Then another layer of Podge.
You can even see the  fly on this  Black Eyed Susan













The picture of this Day Lily is somewhat dark (computer problems) but if you look carefully you can see rain drops all over the petals (honestly rain drops - I did not go out and spray the petals with water to get this effect)
Daisies in a garden are so cheerful and they bloom for such a long time














The first flowers to bloom in the garden even before he snow has left the ground - like snow drops.  They go give me joy to see them.

Again, I apologize for the darkeness of the pictures.  I will  repost when my computer is returned to me. Note:  I reposted them on Feb 21.

I have also stamped and painted on tiles.  They make great gifts.





No comments: