Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Night of Bethlehem

It's official!!  My favourite stamp set from the new Holiday catalogue (as of today) is the Night of Bethlehem stamp set with the coordinating Bethlehem Edgelits - especially combined with the Winter Wonder Embossing Folder.

Once I got going I couldn't stop making cards using these products!!  I ended up making 5 cards and then a Christmas Ornament in about an hour.

Each card was a little different and highlighted a different stamp or die, but I used only 1 colour scheme:  Night of Navy and Whisper White.

Because I was generous with my use of Dazzling Diamonds it was really hard to take a good picture of the cards.  My apologies for that.



In all instances I started with a card base of Night of Navy card stock, layering it with Whisper White embossed with the Winter Winder Texture Embossing Folder.  I just love that giant snow flake!! After embossing, I applied some adhesive to the raised edges and added Dazzling Details.

The images were stamped with Night of Navy ink and embossed with clear embossing powder, after which they were die cut and added to the bottom of the card.

The sentiment was also clear embossed, matted with Night of Navy card stock and added to the top of the card front.  Done!

For this card, instead of stamping the image, I die cut it from Night of Navy card stock, which I then adhered to the bottom of the card front.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Night of Bethlehem
Inks:  Night of Navy, Versa Mark
Papers:  Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories:  Winter Wonder Embossing Folder, Dazzling Diamonds, Clear Embossing Powder, Bethlehem Edgelets

When I was done making the cards, I decided to make a Christmas ornament using the Edgelets. The post for this follows.

No comments: