Thursday, March 30, 2017

Succulents You Lift Me Up

On Pinterest I have seen many hot air balloons made into 3D objects, so today I decided to make my own- plus more.

I die cut 6 hot air balloons using the following colours:  Delightful Dijon, Calypso Coral and Night of Navy folded them in half, and adhered them together to form this 3D object.

Then I made a little basket using Crumb Cake card stock. It was attached it to the balloon using thick Smoky Slate Baker's twine. The basket was decorated with a 1/4" strip of So Succulent DSP which was adhered around the bottom and a strip of Calypso Coral around the top.

Inside of the basket, I placed some dried moss and hot glued some smaller succulent plants made using Mint Macaron and Sweet Sugar Plum card stock.  I made a few "babies" extending over the side. See the close up below.


Supplies Used:

Papers:
  • Hot Air Balloon: Night of Navy, Delightful Dijon, Calypso Coral
  • Basket: Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, So Succulent DSP
  • Succulents: Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum
Inks: Old Olive, Tip Top Taupe, Rich Razzelberry

Accessories:
  • Hot air balloon: Up & Away Thinlet dies, thick Baker's Twine (Smokey Slate)
  • Succulents:  Succulent framelits, Linen Thread to hold "baby plants"
  • Other:  1/8" hand held punch to punch holes in basket to insert Baker's Twine

No comments: