Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dare to Dream - Sketch Frenzy Friday

A lot of flooding has been occuring in this area.  Huntsville and Bracebridge as well as an area south of Lindsay have declared states of emergency. There are reports that the flood waters are heading my way.  I sure hope not as I have been through a flood and it is not pretty! The waters are rising higher than they ever have before and my thoughts are with the individuals involved with this catastrophe.

Today is Friday, and time for another sketch challenge with Sketch Frenzy Friday.  Hope you can join us.
Today's sketch is by Kim Innes.  I must admit this one stumped me for a while, but eventually my brain came up with an idea.





04/26/13 Kim Innis 

The Midnight Muse base card is layered first with Whisper White and then with 2 different patterns of paper.  The lower striped paper is from the Print Poetry Designer stack, and the upper pattern is a background that I made using the Primrose Petals ink pad, a water spritzer and some bubble wrap created on Shiny card stock. It is a piece of background  I had left over from Wednesday`s class, so decided to use it on this card.

A strip of Midnight Muse scalloped cardstock was placed across the seam of the 2 papers.

On the top half of the card, I strung a piece of Marina Mist/white Baker`s twine and attached 2 Midnight Muse pennants (both of which were embossed with the Square Lattice folder) - one at either end - and in the middle a tag with a cut out anchor attached to it.
The image of the ship was stamped with Midnight Muse, cut out and attached , with dimensionals, to the left side of the card abutting the scalloped strip.

Here`s a list of the stamps/materials used:

Stamps: The Open Sea, Loving Thoughts
Inks: Midnight Muse
Papers: Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Print Poetry DSP
Accessories: Pennant punch, Small tag punch (retired), Scallop border punch, Marina Mist/white Baker`s twine, Square lattice folder, dimensionals, glue dots.

No comments: